April 29, 2011

It's Friday, Friday...

Hello!


Today was a day of very great successes. First, I ate my first paleolithic lunch, which I posted about yesterday. This lunch consisted of *drum roll*


(Salad)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Onions
- Bacon
(Brazil Nuts)



I also grabbed an orange juice (100% juice, nothing else in it) since I couldn't drink milk. Lunch was filling and I wasn't hungry until much later. I think this palelolithic thing is working out quite well, at least for now. So -- That's two paleolithic meals in one day for me, which I also managed 
yesterday, but that was breakfast and dinner. Things are coming along well!


During lunch I also had a chance to drill more wall-ups which I thoroughly enjoyed doing. I'm still refining my technique, however, and I think I need to change what I'm doing for a lower wall. I think the technique I'm using is more suitable for a wall much higher, but with practice comes perfect. In addition, at the gym tonight there were a few new people who were trying to do wallups, and they didn't know how to approach doing them. So, I showed them the proper technique and explained the progression from the basics to actually performing the move, and both of them were able to do it quite well for first timers. It made me feel good about myself knowing that I could help other people and that I understood the techniques well enough to teach them even though I was relatively new to them myself.


Also, I managed to do dash vaults in the gym which I never thought I would be able to do. Whenever I saw people do them they just looked scary to me and I always thought "No way." when I thought about trying to do one. Well, tonight changed all of that. We drilled them at the gym, and for the first few rounds I couldn't do them at all. The movement felt unnatural to me and I still have a huge mental barrier with vaults, but I kept trying anyway. One of the founders of Wisconsin Parkour who I had the pleasure of meeting this evening, named Joey, showed me the proper progression for the dash vault. As we made our rotations, I began to get more and more comfortable with the movement. After a few tries of basic progression, I finally decided to try and perform the full movement, and to my complete surprise, I made it.


Dash Vault: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MKWJhslKDo


The feeling of doing what you once considered the impossible is absolutely amazing, and it seems to happen all the time the more and more I progress in parkour. This summer will probably be the best I've ever had, and I'm going to be in absolutely amazing shape by the time it's over. Here's to progression!


And the biggest news of them all


Taken from the Wisconsin Parkour website:


 "On July 22, Wisconsin will host its first ever international Parkour training.  Wisconsin Parkour LLC is flying over three members of a London based parkour group known as Parkour Generations.  Parkour Generations is known for their pure training in Parkour and dedication to teaching Parkour the way the founders of the sport intended.  It is a rare opportunity to train with these individuals.  They keep busy with their own classes in London, as well as traveling all over the world to host training seminars.    The members of Wisconsin Parkour LLC have trained with these individuals before in Ohio, and are also dedicated to learning and teaching Parkour the right way.  We encourage you to come and experience true parkour for three days.  You may never get the chance again to train with the professionals in Wisconsin, so why not give it a try?"


Basically, some of the best traceurs in the world are coming to Madison to teach parkour for three days. For more information about PKGen: http://www.parkourgenerations.com/


Here are a few of them in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVsa1SFgfU


It's going to be a great summer!


What I ate today
- Sardines
- Apple
- Salad (As posted before)
- Brazil Nuts
- 100% Orange Juice
(Started to feel sick after school so I was bad) :(
- Tortilla Chips (see above)
- Milk "
- Oatmeal "
- Energy Bar
- Protein Shake
- Green Tea


Pretty good day despite what I ate when I got home, however my head hurt a lot and I was feeling sick and there was no produce in the house for me, otherwise I would've had a banana or something.


Saturday is going to be a lazy day (laundry, homework, etc) but I'll still get a workout in. Sunday will be a training day.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment