April 22, 2011

First Training Log

4/21/11

Went to Monona's Dream Park with two of the guys who got me interested in Parkour to begin with - Morgan and DJ.



We trained for a few hours before previous injuries forced us to stop training. I've been nursing my knee's since I went out downtown last Sunday, and I'm not entirely sure what the problem is at this point. The injury is most likely due to overuse, and it was suggested to me that it could be tendonitis. I decided not to go to the gym tonight because it's painful to run or do much movement with them at all. Instead I'm taking the evening off to do some RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.) Hopefully this helps, as I'd like to continue training at full force soon.

At the Dream Park we trained on picnic tables for a while, practicing precisions, rolls, and various vaults. DJ, being DJ, decided to do some frontflips over them as well. I also had a chance to do some lazy vaults on benches to a seated position, one of my favorite moves.

We also did some exercises in the park itself, namely wallclimbs, bar work, precisions, and turnvaults. Morgan and DJ opted to play some parkour tag as well, which was pretty fun. The Dream Park is for children, but there was still a fair amount of things for us to do there, and it's walking distance from my house.






A few images of yesterday.

Landing

Precision

Lazy Vault

Speed Vault

Lazy Vault

No comments:

Post a Comment